www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Monday, May 18, 2009

Cheese anyone?

Who has time to blog when they are milking goats and pouring over carpet samples? Okay, no excuse, but a short update. We are moving back into our house this weekend. Just in time to leave for 10 days. Maddie has a clogging competition in Ohio, then off to Illinois for a graduation and art show. Not exactly the best time to be gone with the fields being taken over by weeds and a greenhouse full of transplants that need to get into the ground, not to mention MOVING our entire house!

On to the fun stuff: GOATS! If you have the chance to be around or own goats - do it. I know, I know, goats have a bad wrap a lot of the time, but I'm telling you, I am completely in love. We are getting a gallon of milk a day! Hence, the title of this post. Anyone have any good recipes for goat cheese? I'm particularly interested in feta. We are having a ball with the babies, they are a constant source of entertainment. Many, many pictures to post, but hell, I can't even find the time to blog so the pics will take a bit.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm catching my breath just reading your post! But mmmm...cheese...

Madeline Rains said...

I'm glad that you're close to being home! I don't know cheese recipes as I am afraid of getting goats but Danielle has recipes and links to great resources on her blog - www.touchtheearthfarm.blogspot.com Homemade feta! Mmmmm. I'm so into greek salads right now.

*~*Cece*~* said...

You continue to amaze me w/all your farming & gardening magic!

laurie said...

i think it would be so damn cool to have goats.

you should check out the blog "my green vermont." she has goats, too, and makes cheese.

i think it's www.mygreenvermont.blogspot.com

but if not it should be easy enough to find in google.

prashant said...

I don't know cheese recipes as I am afraid of getting goats

Web hosting india