www.flickr.com
almadbren's items Go to almadbren's photostream

Thursday, February 04, 2010

'Tied', in a different way

This is a huge leap of subject today......I'm literally 'tied' to my desk. The organization I work for puts on the largest organic farming conference in the country every February.

The fact that a small office of 8 people pull this off every year is a miracle onto itself, but now that I'm in the office instead of observing from afar, I see just how much work goes into this thing.

I'm continually amazed at the people that I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by and what they get accomplished in one day. Every week we have a staff meeting and often this thought comes over me: "How did I land this gig?" It is an amazing feeling to be a part of an organization that its whole focus is to 'do the right thing' and do everything we can to help other people learn how to do the right thing, in terms of agriculture.

This job is such a bright light in my life and the fact that these people pay me to come be a part of this incredible team everyday, continues to amaze me. One more reason to be grateful for this life of mine.

2 comments:

Cherry said...

Welcome back!!!

It sounds like you have made some GREAT changes in your life and this job sounds hard and rewarding and PERFECT!
I think a lot of people recognize they need and want to make a change in their lives but don't do it. Sometimes it's because i'ts easier to just keep doing the same old same old and then of course for others the resources or the circumstances are just not right. I think it's wonderful you have been able to make some changes to make things better for yourself even though it wasn't easy.

(yes I'm commenting here on topics across your last 3 posts)

Anyway. Welcome Back Angie! It's great to hear you've survived some tough choices and times and still have the passion we've come to expect in you.

BTW - are you keeping up with your photography too?

Angie said...

Hi, Cherry.

Thanks so much for writing - I'm so grateful to still have a few of you coming back to see what's up!

Yes, photography is still my love, of course working full-time puts a small crimp in my style, but I still find time to snap a few shots now and then:)